Old November 8th 05, 03:11 PM
Ron Wanttaja

Default New LSA from Ukraine?

On 8 Nov 2005 03:19:44 -0800, "rtmtech" wrote:

After looking for a reasonably priced aircraft I came across the T-10
from Ukraine. It seems pretty rugged. I wonder how much trouble it
would be to inport and license as LSA since it meets the LSA criterea.

It would be a considerable problem for an individual to import *one* aircraft
and license it as an LSA, as he or she would have to do everything required to
certify the aircraft as a production LSA. However, for the next two years, the
FAA will allow owners of "fat" ultralights to license their aircraft as
Experimental LSAs using a fairly simple process. Conceivably, the process could
be used for any aircraft meeting the Light Sport definition, as long as the
plane itself has never been licensed.

Ron Wanttaja