Old February 27th 06, 03:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.rotorcraft

Default CPLH baybee!!

Way to go, Kevin! :-D

I'll bet that's a load off. Please keep us up to date on how the IFR
training goes. I'm curious to hear your insights on manipulating charts and
such in an aircraft that you really can't let go of for any significant
time. I've got a pretty good idea of how it can go in fixed wing. I've
always been impressed with the idea of doing it in rotorcraft.

Congrats on the commercial rating!

Fly Safe,
Steve R.

"The OTHER Kevin in San Diego" skiddz "AT" adelphia "DOT" net wrote in
message ...
Just walked in the door from my latest checkride - Commercial Pilot
Helicopter. Busted a 94 on the written in about 40 mins. Oral this
morning wasn't very difficult but then again, I've been nose in the
books for baout 5 hours/night for the past two weeks. I didn't think
I flew very well, but once we landed, the DPE said, "Congratulations,
you're a commercial helicopter pilot." Sweet!!

Wx briefer told us we'd better haul ass back to CRQ (Checkride was at
LGB) by 1600 local to beat the weather but now at 1830 local it's
still clear as a bell..

Mom and stepfather took me out for Mexican food and margaritas - wiped
out two pitchers by myself (lol) and am feeling no pain...

Next up, Instrument rating by mid-April!

Then, to find a job.. ehhehe