Old April 20th 08, 01:33 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Martin X. Moleski, SJ

Default Spamming Aholes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

On Sun, 20 Apr 2008 09:37:44 +0200, Martin Hotze wrote in :

Martin X. Moleski, SJ schrieb:

I'm a happy and satisfied user of many of Google's services.

if you don't care much about privacy ...

Life is a series of tradeoffs.

This is one I'm willing to make for the
kinds of service I get in return.

We owe them a debt of gratitude for saving the Dejanews
archives and for maintaining them.

they sure haven't done it because they love the community so much.
they've done it because they have seen some sort of business.

That's how most corporations operate.

The few individuals who archived Usenet for the love of
it (and made their archives available to other folks)
have left the building.

Usenet isn't a big part of their business any more.
There are tradeoffs involved in offering free services
to all and sundry.

On balance, I think the good they
do far outweighs the bad.

IBTD.

Permission granted. )

I would suggest a (passive) UDP to bring them either off usenet or to a
better abuse desk.

Of course, YMMV.

indeed.

Different opinion noted.

Marty
--
Big-8 newsgroups: humanities.*, misc.*, news.*, rec.*, sci.*, soc.*, talk.*
See http://www.big-8.org for info on how to add or remove newsgroups.