Old July 22nd 10, 06:19 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.owning
Bob

Default FAA final rule: Aircraft registrations now good for only 3 years

I don't know about anyone else out there, but, I am about at the end
of my rope!

I just want to fly my plane.

But every day now, it seems, is another fee or rule or restriction!
*Our ELTs are now useless or worse.
*We are going to have to shell out a fortune for ADS-B.
*We now need to register (and pay) every three years. -- Why now after
100 years of flight?
*We pay property taxes (at least here in CA) AND file a mandatory form
so we have to pay more if God Forbid we paint or improve our plane.
*We can't fly within 100 miles of D.C. (literally, I think) without an
act of Congress (almost literally)
* add your own.

Is this going to stop before everyone gives up our hobby?
Or will flying in the United States be reserved only for the rich and
professionals?