Old June 14th 05, 07:50 PM
John Sp

Default Towplane strut problem

Our gliding club towplane (Piper Super Cub) has developed play in the
Fuselage / Main strut connection - Portside. The bolt and clevis (Fork)
seem to be OK bolt is a reasonably snug fit in the fork. - I presume the
play is in the hole in the Bracket welded to the fuselage. Play seems to
be about 10 thou (+-.25mm) which translates to about .75 inch of "Waggle
" At the wing tip. Can anyone help with the following -

What is the permitted wear at this point ? (If any)

What approved repair methods can be used here?

Thanks in advance

Best wishes from Cape Town

John Spargo