Old June 14th 05, 08:19 PM
John Sp

Thanks - Have no intention of repairing this - do want infromation though.
Regards John

"machineman" wrote in message
I am not sure if this is something you want to play around with
yourself. I would consult a licensed aircraft mechanic. There may be a
repair scheme for this or it may have to be replaced. A mechanic
familiar with the aircraft would know. Having worked on aircraft
engines, nothing gets fixed without an engineer working out an approved
repair. Or as we used to say " no engine flys till the paperwork weighs
as much as the engine" :-)

John Sp wrote:
Our gliding club towplane (Piper Super Cub) has developed play in the
Fuselage / Main strut connection - Portside. The bolt and clevis (Fork)
seem to be OK bolt is a reasonably snug fit in the fork. - I presume the
play is in the hole in the Bracket welded to the fuselage. Play seems

be about 10 thou (+-.25mm) which translates to about .75 inch of

"Waggle
" At the wing tip. Can anyone help with the following -

What is the permitted wear at this point ? (If any)

What approved repair methods can be used here?

Thanks in advance

Best wishes from Cape Town

John Spargo