Old March 15th 04, 11:11 AM
M. H. Greaves

Guy, can you provide a link to the website!??
"Steve" wrote in message

In article ,
Guy Alcala wrote:
-
-served as "Toggliers" (I've always thought this should be "toggeliers"),

-Guy
-

I'll put in another plug for 'http://www.91stbombgroup.com' here.

In their 'Stories from the 91st' section, they use both 'togglier' and

'toggleer.'

It's a website well worth spending time on.

A little excerpt from 'Stories from the 91st', '35 Missions' - a

contemporaneous log
from a navigator:

#26 November 5, 1944, target Frankfurt, Germany. PFF mashalling yards.

Flight
time 6:37 hours, on oxygen 4:00. Bomb load: 6 - 1,000 S.A.P. Was very

jittery on
this one. Flew spare and naturally we had to go down in the low squadron

which was
a good thing. The high got hell shot out of them. Mickey operator was

killed in
High Squadron. Flak was moderate to intense and accurate in spots. They

were
shooting visual. We hit target. 26,000 feet. 35 below zero. Had several

holes in
plane "Naturally!". I had to drop bombs today, toggleer went nuts.

Steve