Old November 24th 15, 04:27 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default LiFePO4 Batteries on sale.

On Tuesday, November 24, 2015 at 8:33:37 AM UTC-6, wrote:
bioennodepot.com is offering 15% off LiFePO4 glider batteries.

12V 9A only $85.00 bucks

If your old "Sealed Lead Acid" (SLA) needs replacing, here is an opportunity to get a 12 Volt 9 Amp hour LiFePO4 battery. I have been using these for several years and would never go back to SLA's.

Lots of RAS threads on LiFePO4 if you need more convincing.

These are a direct drop in replacement to your old 12V 7A battery but weigh only 2.6 pounds. Here's the link.

http://bioennodepot.com/bioenno-powe...lf-1209ws.html

Dan, I use a 15 amp which fits in the battery box hole on my DG300 for the all instruments and a separate 9amp battery just for the transponder. This way if the transponder eats up all the juice from getting pinged, my instruments are still going. This has worked really well. I can get two "Nephi" long days out of the 15 amp. My operating load for all the toys combined is just under one Amp including the radio. Toy list, Becker 6201, Oudie, Butterfly Vario, Flarm Core with LX-Nav Display, Nano III, GoPro II & Cell Phone on Charge