Old August 9th 18, 07:46 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Andy Blackburn[_3_]

Default SeeYou

Just for everyone's information, here are the SeeYou licensing terms (below).

For me, $50 per year to get updates for my desktop SeeYou, my iPhone and two Oudies seems like a bargain. It baffles me when people who own gliders that cost well into six figures whine about software (or tows, or any of the infrastructure and services that make the sport work) that cost less than a decent dinner out. These guys work hard to produce pretty high-quality products for a niche sport and the cost isn't out of line with the value provided (at $4-5/month how could it be?). I'd give them the $50 just to make sure there was support available, but that's just me.

Ah, glider pilots.

Andy Blackburn
9B

SeeYou - first time purchase
129 € + VAT*
SeeYou Upgrade Subscription
49 € / year + VAT*

SeeYou license is perpetual and includes one year of free product upgrades from the purchase date, including major version upgrades within one year of purchase. SeeYou license includes also iPhone, iPad and Android versions. Some of the features require current subscription in order to function: SeeYou on iPhone, iPad and Android runs, weather integration and airspace database updates. Note that one SeeYou Subscription covers SeeYou and SeeYou Mobile upgrades if you own both!

On Wednesday, August 8, 2018 at 11:07:27 PM UTC-7, 2G wrote:

Personally, I WILL NOT subscribe - the cost is just TOO HIGH!

Tom