Old November 10th 06, 04:36 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.student
flyncatfish

Default How do you find the limits of areas on a chart?

Morgans wrote:
"flyncatfish" wrote

That's a good question. I think it's more like a truck brake.

Snippage

The Yak 52 has no parking brake, other than a latch on the stick handle
for keeping the brake handle compressed.

So if I understand correctly, you say if there is no air pressure there are no
brakes?

If that is the case, it is not like truck brakes.

Truck brakes have a very heavy spring that keeps the brakes applied on full
force, if there is no air. You can see why, so that if an air line or tank
ruptures going down the road, you just stop. Right now! I did it once from a
slow speed to see how good they grab. Very good is the answer! g You would
have major flat spots if you did it from any great speed!

snip

Definately not like truck brakes than. Like BushyPete said having the
brakes engage if I lost air pressure would be a disaster. Probably
ground loop the plane or worse.

Greg in AL