Old August 22nd 03, 08:37 PM
Dave S

Perhaps thats the REASON that the only approach APPROVED for filing as
an alternate at GLS is the VOR 13 approach. All other procedures are
lumped as NA for filing as an alternate.

Dave

Greg Esres wrote:

If it's unmonitored, we can't use that approach when determining an
alternate.

I'm not aware of a regulation that says that.

I know that having monitored navaids is a criterion to an airport
having alternate minimums, but that's an issue for Flight Procedures,
not us. Once it has alternate minimums, unless the alternate minimums
are NA'd, I'd argue we'd be fine to use it as an alternate.