Old August 7th 08, 03:37 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
Terence Wilson[_2_]

Default Cancelling IFR in Bravo airspace

On Wed, 06 Aug 2008 18:15:04 -0700, Sam Spade
wrote:

You have no idea of what ATC needs to do with you if you cancel on an
IFR climnb to on-top. So, keep it simple, and stay with the IFR
clearance until either above or otherwise clear of the Class B airspace.

On the last two occasions ATC has queried whether I was on top yet and
then asked what my intention was, I cancelled, and continued on my
merry way inside Bravo.

So obviously they were ok with it, but my original question stands, am
I cleared into the class B after I canel in class B?