Old May 14th 07, 08:55 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Bob Harrington

Default Ft. Lauderdale Air & Sea Show

Proton Fox wrote in
:

If you haven't seen the F-22 aerobatic routine, you owe it to yourself
to see it, at least on video somewhere. It's literally jaw-dropping.
The performance leap is as big or bigger as the F-4 to F-15/F-16
transition was. I thought some of the early pilot’s reports in AW&ST
and such were perhaps a bit exaggerated, but no more. It’s perhaps the
most stunning thing I’ve personally seen from a jet fighter since
watching vertical departures of the F-15 in St. Louis before its
service entry. I’d swear it could dogfight a Pitts...

(Mad scramble as Pitts drivers rush to figure out how to hang a Sidewinder
off their trusty steeds...)