Old May 25th 05, 12:42 PM
Matt Whiting

Steven P. McNicoll wrote:

"Roy Smith" wrote in message

By the same token, I've never understood why the FAA doesn't make it
easier to get flight following. You should be able to pre-file your
VFR flight plan with DUATS so ATC already has a strip on you at
initial call-up, just like with IFR. Then you wouldn't have to waste
so much time on the frequency with where you're going, aircraft type,
etc.

I've been told you can play tricks with DUAT, filing an IFR flight
plan and putting "VFR" in the remarks section, but you shouldn't have
to resort to subterfuge like that for what seems like such a simple
and logical thing.

Forget about the remarks, just use "VFR" as the requested altitude.

Is this an "official" FAA procedure or just something that most
controllers understand as an indication that FF will be requested?

Matt