Old December 8th 05, 05:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default The Gyro House

On 12/8/2005 09:26, Mark Hansen wrote:

On 12/8/2005 09:01, Dave Butler wrote:

Mark Hansen wrote:

Perhaps AOPA can help? Can they be petitioned to start a customer
comments section, where pilot/owners can air their horror stories
about problem vendors?

I'm sure AOPA is aware of the problems avweb had when they allowed anyone to
post on their fora. I doubt AOPA would be willing open themselves up for that
liability. Don't recall the details, but someone on one of avweb's fora
badmouthed a well-known aviation attorney, and the attorney either sued or
threatened to sue. I think avweb took down their fora after that, but I haven't
checked lately.

Dave

Okay, then the Better Business Bureau or perhaps even the Federal Trade
Commission. Complaints here can carry a lot of weight.

In fact, I checked with the BBB, and they have no complaints on file
for this company. Perhaps Jonathan should file one? It may cause the
company to see their 'mistake' and work to rectify it.

Sacramento, CA