Old January 25th 04, 09:58 PM
Tarver Engineering

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
Subject: Why We Lost The Vietnam War
From: "Tarver Engineering"
Date: 1/25/04 12:37 PM Pacific Standard Time

"ArtKramr" wrote in message
From: John Mullen

Date: 1/25/04 11:40 AM Pacific Standard Time
ArtKramr wrote:

If a more powerful engine (and thicker skin) and oval windows used

in
the
initial design, it would have worked very well. But!!!! Many

subsequent
planes would have fallen out of the sky with the problems the Comet

had
in
metal fatigue, etc. In hindsight the Comets research made all jet

planes
far safer, and saved many lives.

Y'mean the Comet is why we lost the Vietnam War????

If you'd had the Comet, you'd have lost it even faster than you did!

John

WRONG. We won every war I ever fought in. ((:-))

Only because FDR had the political will to win the war. Unlike LBJ, who

was
more interested in Lady Bird's company Brown and Root paving Viet Nam.

There were 11 million of us under arms that made that will happen.

I don't doubt the contribution of men under arms during WWII.

I am pleased that when we have a discussion about Bastogne I can contribute
more than just wondering if my father changed the Wolf's spark plugs.