Old March 25th 04, 01:34 AM
Rick McPherson

Thanks Newps, I usually report in relation to the nearest airport,
most often the one I just departed from. I'll keep the "flags" in mind
for future use.
On Wed, 24 Mar 2004 04:19:58 GMT, Newps wrote:

Next time you call up give your position relative to a published VFR
reporting point, one of them little purple flags on the sectional.
Those points are also on the radar scope.

Rick McPherson wrote:
I'm not a controller, so I can't speak intelligently on standard
procedure involving radar contact. I do however fly frequently at
night in and around Class B PIT airspace. I always use flight
following at night and can not recall any instance when I was "radar
contact" without first being assigned a code.