Old May 20th 06, 07:02 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default LA Basin Preferred Routes?

In a couple of weeks, I'll be flying from SNA (Santa Ana/John Wayne, CA) up to
the Bay Area (Palo Alto, CA), and was wondering if there is any way to plan
or know in advance which departure SoCal is likely to give me.

In looking at the SNA SIDs, a logical choice seems to be the Anaheim Three
Departure for VTU (ANAHM3.VTU). However, what appears to be logical to the
departing pilot is not always what is logical to SoCal Approach.

The route I'm thinking of flying is:

KSNA AHAHM3.VTU V485 SJC KPAO

Anyone from the LA Basin who has departed from SNA northwest bound have
any insight? Should I just file the SID that I'm interested in, and hope that
I get it?

-- Dane