Old September 13th 03, 09:45 PM
John Normile

Default ?s about building a gyrocopter

I really like the idea of building one of these. I'm in the
dreaming stage right now.My brother was telling me he thought it would
cost $10,000 to build one and I'm wanting some idea of the cost.
I can do all the work; machining, welding, electical. I have a
complete machine shop I can use and have 10+ years as machinist.
Brother is an engineer, toolmaker, and licienced pilot with lots of
free help .
So what would be a rough estimate of cost a single seater. Im looking
to keep cost down so there won't be any frills if there is such a
thing on these.
I'll be getting a few books right off and wouldn't plan on starting
for at least 6 month.
I'd appreciate any advice for someone at this stage inthe process.