Old June 5th 08, 11:54 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Jay Honeck[_2_]

Default Fighting the high cost of flying

Excellent move, Jay. Looks like a real clean airplane. I think lots of
folks will be making a move in a similar direction. What's the plan for
Atlas.

Well, for now we're planning to keep Atlas. With a 1460 pound useful load,
and 140 knot speeds, it allows us to be in Florida in just 5 hours,
Wisconsin in 90 minutes, Kansas City in two hours, etc.

The Ercoupe will be a fun little 95 mph plane, but a cross-country family
hauler it is not... Of course, once the kids are grown and out of the
house, will we still need a minivan/airplane? Probably not.

It really depends on what happens with 100LL and the cost of fuel in
general.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA
"Rod" wrote in message
.. .
Jay Honeck wrote:

In the end, I think we will have made flying more affordable, in a fun
little plane that we can park in the antique/classic section at OSH.
Our kids can afford to fly it, and (assuming more families join the club)
we should be able to expand our pilot base, while creating an opportunity
for more social interaction at the airport.

Win-win-win!

:-)

Excellent move, Jay. Looks like a real clean airplane. I think lots of
folks will be making a move in a similar direction. What's the plan for
Atlas.

Rod