Old August 23rd 04, 09:07 AM
Presidente Alcazar

On Sat, 21 Aug 2004 17:54:46 GMT, "The Enlightenment"
wrote:

No, the fact that the Me 109 can turn inside a Spitfire at low speed due to
its lower stalling speed.

The balance of surviving test reports (e.g. the 109 E3 tested in 1940,
varoius AFDU reports throughout the war years) and aircrew memoir
directly contradicts this. You should be aware that the statements on
the web page you quote on the effect of the 109's leading-edge slats
on improving turning performance for inexperienced pilots are directly
contradicted by Bf109 pilot's statements, e.g. Erwin Leykauf - and
while he states he could out-turn Spitfires, he makes it clear that
this was not done by sustained maximal rate turns, but by cutting
across the turn for fractions of the radius while alternatively easing
back to avoid the stall.

Meanwhile, I'm well aware of your particular bias on such subjects.
Shame the Nazis lost, eh?

Gavin Bailey

--

But, first, want speed. Bart not greedy as all know. 250MHz enough.
I attempt use SGI chip in MB. But chip not fit, then I bend pins. Shove in MB hard.