Old March 23rd 08, 02:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
ChuckSlusarczyk

Default Just Bought A Plane? STAY OUT OF FLORIDA !

In article xBgFj.638$Qv5.93@trnddc03, Mike Isaksen says...

Yup,... I read this article at ANN a few days back and was saddened to think
the old Capt Zoom is Back.

I had become a fan Jim Campbell's latest effort with Aero-News Net. I
visited it several times a week, even beginning to prefer it to AvWeb as a
timely info source. I even went over and shook Jim's hand at Hartford AOPA
Expo (where I saw him with camera crew in tow), to wish him success with his
new Aero TV Video Network. I thought his video coverage at AirVenture was
excellent.

Unfortunately this Florida Tax article shows his backslide into the nasty
side of his Capt Zoom alter ego, where he displays no hesitancy to use his
media network against his perceived enemies. I can only assume that shortly
before Jim penned that article he had again been denied Media Credentialed
Access to Sun-n-Fun. No doubt a harsh reminder of his "ban for life".

Mike what you just found out is something a lot of us experienced a long time
ago ,the Tiger never changes his stripes. It happened the first time when he was
with a California based Magazine, he burned bridges and moved East and behaved
himself . Then he had a nice magazine for a while and his nasty backside reared
it evil vindictive head again and the zoom wars started in earnest. His magazine
went bust.He went quiet again and behaved. ANN started and it's just a matter of
time before the real zoom shows up aaaanndd He's Baack!!

One thing for sure is that when he's acting up in public he's been active
behind the scenes. He's still billing advertizers for ads they don't want.

What you did when you shook his hand was to encourage him to think that he's
justified in his actions.All he needs is one Atta Boy and he's off and running.
He's still a phoney .IMHO.

Chuck S

Credibility it was always about credibility....Chuck S