Old August 20th 03, 10:32 PM
Arie Kazachin

In message - "Mycroft" writes:

Can anyone think instances when an AC has been push beyond it's limits or
has done things it was never supposed too? The reason I ask is that I
recently read that when Lancasters were carrying Grandslams during WW2 the
engines were seriously over reved at take off because the bomb exceeded the
AC max payload weight by aprox 9000lbs.

Myc

In the most general sense, any military equipment often used beyond
it's limits or in a way it wasn't designed to - after all, how can you
fight without improvising?

I think an IAF F-15 landing having slightly more than one wing is quite
beyond what MD engineers designed it for.

An F-4E being able to land one piece after doing 14G was also remarkable
(although turned into static display and technitians training).

************************************************** ****************************
* Arie Kazachin, Israel, e-mail: *
************************************************** ****************************
NOTE: before replying, leave only letters in my domain-name. Sorry, SPAM trap.
___
.__/ |
| O /
_/ /