Old April 4th 08, 01:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning,rec.aviation.piloting,rec.aviation.homebuilt
Peter Clark

Default Cirrus Owner Tell His Story

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:04:18 -0500, Jim Logajan
wrote:

Jay Maynard wrote:
I'm just trying to get people to look past the originator of the
story to the substance.

But I have looked past the originator of the story.

There appeared to me to be no substance to the claims and implications in
the original or subsequent stores that there were large numbers of non-
Floridian owners being hit with sales tax. It cited only one possibly
verified instance. (Due to someone who purchased their plane in Florida,
took it out of the state, and returned to Florida in it within 6 months of
purchase.)

The Meridian was not purchased in Florida, it was purchased in one of
the Carolinas. Even if he took delivery in Florida and stayed for the
5 day SimCom initial he still would have had 3 or 4 days of the 10
day sales-tax exempt affadavit he would have filled out to leave the
state and not get taxed. It would be interesting to understand more
about why he supposedly gave up persuing the matter. Didn't someone
post that they knew his attorney and was going to see if they could
find out?