Old July 26th 03, 06:32 PM
Larry Dighera

On Thu, 24 Jul 2003 13:50:31 -0400, Todd Pattist
wrote in Message-Id:
:

I recently realized that I should not have included any "actual" (IMC) time
recorded in my logbook as PIC time while I was an instrument student.

Why not? Were you sole manipulator of the controls and
rated in the aircraft? If so, it's loggable 61.51(e) PIC
time.

Of course, that's not true for student pilots. While not unheard of,
most IFR students are not student pilots. However, all student pilots
do receive instrument training.

http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory...C?OpenDocument
Sec. 61.51

(4) A student pilot may log pilot-in-command time only when the
student pilot--
(i) Is the sole occupant of the aircraft or is performing the
duties
of pilot of command of an airship requiring more than one pilot
flight
crewmember;
ii) Has a current solo flight endorsement as required under Sec.
61.87
of this part; and
(iii) Is undergoing training for a pilot certificate or rating

--

Irrational beliefs ultimately lead to irrational acts.
-- Larry Dighera,