Old February 15th 21, 11:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Hank Nixon

Default Your Opinion Would Be Appreciated

On Monday, February 15, 2021 at 5:31:18 PM UTC-5, Andrzej Kobus wrote:
On Sunday, February 14, 2021 at 4:29:24 PM UTC-5, wrote:
I am considering making a purchase for a AGS29 pure glider, I have somewhat a good idea as to the market value of such a ship, but your feedback would be greatly appreciated.
What would you consider the market value of aa ASG29 2012 model, with a slight damage history and somewhat outdated panel to be? There is a trailer included and the description was stated to be pristine, yet there are 4 out of 5 stars on the advertised description. IMHO if the glider is pristine there should be 5 stars in the descriptive advertisement.
This glider is said to be a 400 hour ship.
Again, in gel coat, and we all know what happens at some point.
Somewhat outdated panel.
A pure glider, no sustainer.
Fabric interior and not leather.
Clear canopy and not tinted.
I all honesty, what do you think the value of this ship?

I would think twice about purchasing gel a coat finished glider. 10 years down the road it will look undesirable.

I have a 48 year old glider that has gelcoat and still looks nice. A nice creamy white and no crazing or cracks.
If one makes a requirement of only a painted glider there are very few to select from.
UH