Old February 21st 05, 01:01 PM
Thomas Schoene

Yeff wrote:
I've got a 9.91MB mpeg of a CH-46 (604 is painted on the side)
landing on the fantail of a ship before tipping over into the water.
It looks like the aircraft missed its initial touchdown point before
trying to lift off again for another try. The left rear wheel gets
snagged and that pulls the whole aircraft over and into the water.

I've no info on casualties nor the ship involved.

Anyone know the exact details of the incident I just poorly
described? I don't have a place to host the video but I can email it
if you're interested

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/...4b40cffad6da9a

and

http://www.forcerecon.com/ch46accident.htm

"Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when
wrong to be put right." - Senator Carl Schurz, 1872