Old June 29th 09, 03:24 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Frank[_12_]

Default SPOT tracking at the Sports Class Nationals

SPOT trackers are relatively inexpensive hand-held devices that can
(with the optional tracking option) regularly report your GPS position
via the SPOT satellite system.

Mark Hawkins and I are working with contest management for the Elmira
SC Nats to provide near-real-time position display of SPOT-equipped
gliders.

If you are planning to fly in this contest and have a SPOT unit -
bring it. If you don't have one already, you might want to consider
getting one. I'll be there, and will be happy to help you get your
SPOT set up properly to show op on the contest map.

See the June issue of Soaring for the article on the use of the SPOT
tracking system at the Seniors earlier this year.

TA