Old March 6th 06, 06:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default paint

Forget "The Graduate": the future is not plastics when it comes to
trailer fenders.

Make offer on a right side blue Cobra fender: ca. 1992, only used one
season before the other one was destroyed by a piece of tire retread
flipping up into it.

I bought two galvanized steel fenders from Northern Tool (then called
Northern Hydraulics) that have held up well. IIRC, I was able to make
two of the four mounting holes work as is. And since the steel fender
was slight bigger than the plastic one, I drilled two new holes in the
trailer and put a piece of plastic tape over each hole in the
[wheelwell of the] trailer, which has lasted 13 years.

I just took a look at Northern Tool's Web site. They no longer show the
galvanized fenders but have a large assortment of steel, aluminum and
plastic fenders for sale in many sizes. I suspect shipping is expensive
so in the U.S., shop your local trailer supplier, or maybe Sears.

Chip Bearden
ASW 24 "JB"