Old March 22nd 04, 11:31 AM
W.J. \(Bill\) Dean \(U.K.\).

I don't think the direction of rotation of the cable drums would make any
difference. The damage is done by the energy in the moving wire. It was
not the loose end which went astray, it was a bight in the cable.

With the Skylaunch winch the wire winds onto the bottom of the drum, with
the Tost and many others onto the top. The two cases I knew about
personally were with the Skylaunch, I do not know what type of winch was
used in the accident BGA 1991/20, or at Enstone in 1993.

W.J. (Bill) Dean (U.K.).
Remove "ic" to reply.

"JS" wrote in message

What about changing the rotation direction of the cable reels, would it
make the loose cable end hit the ground instead of drivers cabin?

js