Old August 30th 18, 03:40 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Vermont Fatalities Today

So sad.Â* To date this year, I have lost two friends and two
acquaintances in glider crashes.Â* This is four too many...

On 8/30/2018 7:34 AM, OHM Ω http://aviation.derosaweb.net wrote:
Three souls lost. Truly sad and my heartfelt condolences to the families and everyone else impacted.

I do agree with John Foster about wanting to know the why's and how's of any accident to learn what I can and to try to prevent it from happening to myself or others. The NTSB will investigate and report. At my club's monthly membership meeting we used to have a "safety moment" where we read an NTSB accident description and ask the question "what do you think was the cause?". There are no wrong answers, we just wanted to get people to stop and think a bit. We should start that program up again. For 2018 thus far I have 17 glider accidents (6 fatal) to choose from. Far too many.

- John OHM Ω

--
Dan, 5J