Old May 16th 18, 09:03 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Jim White[_3_]

Default Reducing collision hazard at contests

I have flown in many competitions both regionals and nationals. Most of us
know which pilots are the less safe and avoid them if possible (maybe
that's why I end up alone a lot!). I have also served on the safety
committee. My experience is that no one ever 'shops' a dodgy pilot to the
organisation. Something like at school! The attraction of logger evidence
is that it is impersonal. The problem is us.

Could we have anonymous reporting verified by trace evidence and a quiet
word instead? Would that be effective?

Jim