Old October 3rd 12, 09:42 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default RST 542 comm "help please"

Our club just purchased an ASK13 with a RST 542 installed. Unit is working great and we just need to add appropriate TX and RX crystals for 122.9 and 122.975. Jim at RST Engineering has been zero help. When I call him he just rants that "Jan Crystals" has the specs and wants me to only correspond via email with him. Of course he does nothing via email except denegrade me for not asking the right quesions of "Jans Crystals". "Jans" is more than willing to fabricate the proper crystals but they need to know 1) Pf Load 2) Ohms 3) Tolerance. Can anyone on this forum supply me with the above info? I would greatly appreciate it as I have reached a complete dead end with Mr. Jim of RST.

Thanks,
Lane