Old March 16th 07, 07:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Mike Lindsay

Default identify this movie and glider

In article . com,
jeplane writes
The actor's name is Georges Descrieres.
Not sure of the movie. Would guess "Two for the road" 1967?

And yes it is a C800, famous glider in France in the 50's before the
arrival of the Wassmer "Bijave" in 1965. I soloed in the Bijave but
remember seeing a C800 on the wall of the hangar of the soaring club I
was flying 30 years ago...

Richard
ASW19
Phoenix AZ

Yes, we received some training in them at La Montaigne Noire near
Castelnaudary in 1957 and 8.

They also had something called Castel 25, which was a slightly better
two seater with a cantilever wing. And a very high performance tandem
job, the Breguet 904. And no end of tow planes, mostly Stampes, but also
a French built Storch.

Could the film be something to do with Jacqueline Auriole, who (a) had
been a student at La Montaigne Noire and (b) was Mrs President of
France?

--
Mike Lindsay