Old September 27th 17, 08:29 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Darryl Ramm

Default Glider near miss with Airliner (emergency climb) near Chicago yesterday?

On Wednesday, September 27, 2017 at 11:48:09 AM UTC-7, wrote:
Hey Darryl, PMSC exists the the USA and still supports people and pilots constitutional rights on free speech . Don't freakin squeeze my fellow club member. That's as arrogant as it gets. You want a solution? It begins with lowing the cost of Flarm. I can't afford another $1600 toy either. We don't all ow 100plus k gliders.

That's is the solution. GA participation is in decline and some of that is cost. Get the cost down and pilots will buy.

Dennis DC

Are you posting on behalf of Caddo Mills Soaring Club or as a individual?

He had his free speech... and it's a pile of absolutely childish crap, and dangerous overall to this sport. So I'll use my free speech to point that out however the hell I want. And if that does not suit you can go pound dirt..

I don't understand what FLARM has to do with any of this, I would have hoped you would be should be thinking about transponders in this context. I really hope you are not that confused, and I hope that confusion extends to the rest of Caddo Mills Soaring Club? The common issue I seem to be hearing from that direction is some serious chip on your shoulders about cost of doing anything. Well even if there is no hard justification for needing transponder and ADS-B Out carriage in the area of your club you might have that rammed down your throat if gliders lose the transponder and ADS-B Out carriage exemption. And that will well be helped along by childish public posts by your members displaying a worrying safety attitude. What do FAA and NTSB staff reading this forum think when they see someone mouthing off about "spilt drinks" when we just had an apparent near miss between an airliner and a glider.