Old February 27th 05, 07:18 AM
C J Campbell

wrote in message
On Sat, 26 Feb 2005 09:56:33 -0800, "C J Campbell"
wrote:

"Dan Thompson" wrote in message
.com...
This is an old horse and I almost hate to bring it up again, but are

you
aware you can legally accept direct FUBAR as a /U under IFR, and

monitor
your progress with a handheld GPS?

It is a sad day that people now assume clearance direct to an

intersection
can only be complied with if you have some sort of RNAV. Makes me wonder

how
we ever did it in the '70s with only a VOR and a TACAN.

You had a VOR and a TACAN? Lucky dog.

I was a C-130 navigator. We had pretty good equipment, considering.

I was around when Omega was introduced. I flew in the very first C-130 to be
equipped with Omega. Decades later, when I was learning to fly as a pilot
and working on my instrument rating, I was told that Omega was being
decommissioned. Talk about making one feel old!