Old December 29th 03, 11:41 PM
John T

"Jack Allison" wrote in message

Got a copy of MS flight simulator 2004 for Christmas.

I got it a few months ago and like it, too. While I don't have the aversion
to the Kings that you do, I haven't bothered with any of their instructional
pieces in FS2004.

What brand/model joystick have you used and how do you rate it?

I use the Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback 2 and like it. While I'd
prefer to have a force feedback yoke, I haven't found one that I'd consider
in the price range of a home system.

Any instrument students/pilots gone through the instrument lessons?

I haven't taken any of the instructional segments in FS2004. However, I
have found it useful in keeping scanning techniques sharper than they'd
otherwise be during long winter groundings.

The new weather system in FS2004 makes IFR flying much more realistic.
However, I still think their planes (particularly the Skylane and the
Skyhawks I've found for it) do not respond quite the way they do in real
life. That may be a limitation of the software or the fact that I'm using a
right-handed joystick at home and a "left-handed" yoke in the plane.

--
John T
http://tknowlogy.com/TknoFlyer