Old July 19th 04, 07:06 PM
Roger Long

Consider Iceland, either on the way or as a destination of its own. I
didn't get to fly during our brief stop but there was an FBO with a bunch of
Cessna's right across from our hotel. Prices appear comparable with the US
and they said you could fly with a US license after a checkout.

Spectacular scenery and unbelievably relaxing hot springs to swim in. Only
downside I'm aware of is that I didn't see a single square inch of the
country where I would want to make a forced landing. Lava, lava, lava. You
would be pretty well shredded before you came to a stop.

--

Roger Long