Old October 4th 06, 06:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Bill Daniels

Default cnc machine work?

"dlevy" wrote in message
.. .
I have some cnc lathe's and mill's and use them to manufacture original
designs (mine) for the oilfield. I'm also pretty proficient at Solidworks
(3d cad). I'm a pilot, airplane owner, and have the requisite RV-7 tail
kit gathering dust.

Anyone have any leads or ideas on how to apply our design/manufacturing
capability to something aviation related? I don't need the work but am
just looking to do something a bit more interesting.

Check out the Yahoo Group "winchdesign". We're trying to design a standard
glider winch which will certainly reuire a lot of machine work. It won't
fly but it is aviation related.

I'm working on production CAD drawings for a 4-drum winch now. There will
be a fair bit of laser cutting, milling and turning work required.

Bill Daniels