Old November 17th 06, 01:57 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Jim Burns[_1_]

Default Winterizing The Hangar

labor and equipment. Everything , including the floor has to be covered in
heavy plastic. Then the liquid, which comes in 55 gallon drums, is mixed
then pumped into a machine that heats it then pressurizes it through an
insulated hose to a spray nozzle. They show up with two semi trailers full
of stuff. Cat engines driving screw compressors and generators to run the
heaters and the pumps. Nozzles plug often and require cleaning. At the end
of each day it takes hours to clean all the equipment. Like you say, the
stuff is terrible to work with. Anything you get it on is ruined or
insulated.
Jim

"Jay Honeck" wrote in message
ups.com...
I just looked up an invoice for a building we did last summer. It was

about
$0.25 per square foot for 3" on 200,000 sq ft.

That's almost as bad as I thought it would be. Dang, that stuff is
expensive!

Of course, it's the most God-awful stuff to work with in the whole
world. Get it on your skin, and it's THERE, for weeks. Get it on your
clothes, and throw 'em away. I can't imagine working with it in an
industrial, large-scale setting.

I'll bet a lot of that expense is the labor.
--
Jay Honeck
Iowa City, IA