Old June 3rd 08, 12:25 AM posted to rec.aviation.piloting

Default Sky High Av gas **** you off?

Larry Dighera wrote:

Perhaps. But with the current record market prices for crude oil, you
can bet photo voltaics will become a lot more popular and attractive
to the general public as solar electricity becomes more competitive
with coal/natural gas/oil. While that won't directly relieve the
financial burden on pilots, in the long run it could reduce our
nation's dependency on petroleum based energy. That's got to be a
good thing for US independence from the whims of foreign nations as
well as being more environmentally friendly.

Non sequitur.

Electricity doesn't compete with oil and one has nothing to do with
the other in the existing, real world.

Coal is not oil and US coal comes from the US.

Natural gas is not oil and US natural gas comes from the US and Canada.

Personally, I don't see the demand for energy slacking any time soon,
so I foresee a much longer investment cycle in the solar and wind
power marketplace.

Until the subsidies run out like last time.

--
Jim Pennino

Remove .spam.sux to reply.