Old March 11th 18, 11:30 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default $75,000 2-33

I admit to learning to fly in one with the old potato farmer in 69. Had to lift my leg to get full aileron, but it sure was cheap. Since then I have been ambivalent to them. my club, WVSC, had one and sold it because of almost zero useage.

But over the last few months a small group at Independence Airpark have been operating with a -33 and (gasp) a 2-22. But in that short time four kids under 18 have been soloed and one licensed. The others are waiting for a birthday to get a license and one young lady is starting soon, sponsored by an airpark neighbor.

We are starting a club based on those ships and a old towplane. First meeting was last week and 23 people said they would pay the entry fee just to keep this going.

None of this would have happened with glass. Give them a break, they still have a great use.

Bruce Patton
Independence Or.
Still flying my HP-18