Old May 17th 07, 05:00 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
scronje

Default CTB - LWS : Plane for the mission? Pilot for the plane?

Hi John

Thank you for your response.

On Wed, 16 May 2007 16:26:34 -0700, John Galban wrote:

I usually fly my Cherokee 180 all around the Rockies (in the summer
no less). I usually try to keep it a few hundred under gross, but
with a usable load of over 1000 lbs., that's not hard. Two guys and a
weeks worth of camping gear filling the back seat is no problem. It's
right at home in the mountains. Sure, 235 hp on the same airframe
would be better, but the 180 hp version will get the job done.

What sort of climb rates are you seeing at altitude? You don't have any
online flying travelogues do you ;-) I would love to know more about your
flying experiences in the Rockies with the 180. Where you have flown, that
sort of thing.

Steve