Old March 17th 08, 11:23 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Wayne Paul

Default Graceful Airplanes - A-5.jpg (1/1)

"Robert Moore" wrote in message
46.128...
"Wayne Paul" wrote

Here are a couple RA-5C pictures.

Yeah, these are the ugly, humpbacked ones. Now the original
Vigilante.... WOW! I have a lot of Super8 movies of it during
its sea trials on the Enterprise in the early '60s.

Bob,

Back in 1964 I was assigned to VAH-10 flying as a Bombardier/Navigator in
A-3Bs. (See attached picture) At the time the East Coast Heavy Attack
Squadrons were being transitioned to A-5s. The RF-8 was our Photo
Reconnaissance aircraft. In 1969 I had transitioned to A-6A Intruders and
was aboard the USS Ranger. By then all the A-5s had been converted to
RA-5Cs and all the RF-8s were gone.

Wayne
http://www.soaridaho.com/

Attached Thumbnails