Old February 29th 04, 08:58 AM
S Green

"Matthew P. Cummings" wrote in message
news
On Sat, 28 Feb 2004 18:42:18 -0600, CriticalMass wrote:

Probably just me, but that's obsessive-compulsive, IMO.

I don't know. Suppose the mechanic had a fire that destroyed his shop and
your logs were there and the plane survived. Suppose your house burned,
or suppose somehow something went south. Now you have a plane with no
logs, what do you suppose that's going to do to it's value?

Everybody I know copies their logs, I do the same thing but on computer so
that I can easily reproduce them or keep them offsite. I don't think the
tags are as important, but since it doesn't take very long to line them up
and scan them, why not?

By the way, by using the computer I can bookmark where each major job was
done, so I can tell quickly when the major was, vacuum pump replaced, etc
without spending time searching through the logs. I merely click on my
STC column for example, the EAA stc and can tell when it was applied to
the airframe and engine. Things like that are nice.

In the end, it's an insurance policy that makes maintenance easier.

If I was a buyer then I would be interested in Matt's plane. Anyone who
takes that amount of care about his logs probably takes as much care of the
plane.

Good on you Matt