Old November 1st 06, 12:42 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WOW!

wrote:
Here is something you more experienced pilots might want to comment on.
Being a pilot of much less experience, it just looked like an
interesting thing to see comments on some of the points the pilot
makes.. I came across this 2005 article while just wandering about on
the web. Scroll down to the high speed approach article.

You'll need acrobat reader.

http://www.pugetsoundsoaring.org/new...ow_10_2005.pdf

I flew my Discus out of Bergseth a time or two. Even gave some
instruction in the club's equipment. Never did anything like that.
Hummm, let's see the Maneuvering speed on the trusty sail pig, ( too
dirty three), is 65MPH. Eighty-five knots is a mite fast.

Zulu