Old November 1st 06, 04:40 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default WOW!

Bob C wrote:
Very well written article.

Yes as Bob says, a well written article. About what I'm not too
sure... It makes me wonder if the writer really understands the
reasons behind accepted glider approach methods.

I believe that there has been a careful accounting of extra-high speed
approach methods to counter strong sink/wind gradient and insufficient
energy conditions. If I recall, the physics pretty much favor the near
best glide "accepted" approach techniques in wide use (world wide for
decades) in all conditions.

I say we thank him for operational testing of a method that I'm too
chicken to use except when I have more runway then I know what to do
with and nothing better to do. Go MAN GO!

Matt Michael