Old August 14th 19, 09:31 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Phil King[_2_]

Default Tire pressure monitor

I guess I've not made it clear why I would want a TPM on a glider tire.
My thought is that when checking the glider before flight one action
should be to check the tire pressures. This is a time consuming process
- find pressure gauge, maybe find extension, take off dust cap, fit
gauge (and extension), read pressure, (remove extension,) replace
dust cap, repeat for each tire (three tires on some types). Each time
you do this you remove some air from the tire and with a small tire this
can be significant.

Much simpler to look at the TPM and check that it is showing green!

For a glider I can't see any advantage in having the wireless sort with a
read out in the cockpit. Of course for a trailer it's a great idea.