Old December 8th 17, 07:08 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Robert Seccombe

Default Soaring Schools

I went down to Maricopa Arizona, http://www.azsoaring.com, the third week of October.

I had the required number of flights for the commercial add on so it was a matter of getting the required ground instruction and flights in preparation for the test.

As an instructor, Bruce was great; and for all of the administrative details Doyle was indispensable. I was able to get all of the flying I wanted to get comfortable in the 2-33 as I was used to an L-13 and PW-6. We started Monday morning and I took the check Thursday. Friday was open, as my airline ticket home was for Saturday, so I used the time to knock out the Bronze Badge test and in the afternoon had Jason show me how to loop and wing over the Grob. It was great.

I stayed right on the gliderpatch in the bunk house, very convenient and reasonable; with a well appointed kitchen, easy to diy; but Maricopa is only a few minutes away so I just jammed into town for breakfast at the Sunrise Cafe and dinner at Plaza Bonita.

A great experience, I highly recommend it.