View Single Post
Old May 26th 19, 08:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Matt Herron Jr.
external usenet poster

Default Interested in Winch Launching?

I am exploring the idea of organizing a winch launching clinic at Coalinga, CA this year. I just completed the winch training offered by The Associated Glider Clubs of Southern California (AGCSC) in Jacumba Hot Springs last month and it was a blast.

The same folks are willing to come up and teach at Coalinga if there is enough interest. The clinic allows glider pilots to remove their “Air tow only” restriction from their license. It includes a maximum of 8 flights, with the instructor, in a fiberglass glider. You’ll get the chance to launch off a newly designed winch by Roman’s Design and learn about ground operations as well. The cost for the course is estimated at $600 +/- $50. For those already qualified to winch launch, my goal would be to create some days when launches and rides are available as well.

The New Coalinga airport runway is 5000' long and 100' wide and so should produce great launches. It's about 15 miles north of Avenal, and has lots of accommodation options.

If you are interested, please take a few minutes to complete the survey below, to aid in planning. And please forward the link to those organizations you think might have an intereste.

Thanks!

Take the 3 minute survey he https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/K5B9BRH

Matthew Herron (J3)